Use of and access to this website are subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in the following “Legal Information”.
On this Website, “CANDRIAM” (also called the group CANDRIAM) is the name used to designate all companies within the group CANDRIAM comprises the following entities:
- Candriam Luxembourg : a partnership limited by shares (“société en commandite par actions”) under Luxembourg law and approved asset management company under Trade Register No. R.C.S.B. 37.647; its registered office is located at L-8009 Strassen, Serenity – Bloc B, route d’Arlon 19-21.
- Candriam Belgium: a limited liability company under Belgian law and approved asset management company, registered in the Brussels Register of Legal Persons (Register des Personnes Morales in French) under No. RPM 0462.569.739; its registered office is located at B-1000 Brussels, Avenue des Arts 58.
- Candriam France: a simplified joint-stock company ( “société par actions simplifiée”) under French law, and approved asset management company under Trade Register R.C.S. Paris 344 032 743; its registered office is located at F-75408 Paris, rue Washington 40.
- Candriam Suisse, Sàrl (Candriam Switzerland LLC): registered under Trade Register No. CHE-227.651.154, located at rue du 31 décembre 40-42, CH–1207 Geneva, Switzerland
- Candriam Luxembourg – Succursale italiana (Italy): registered under Trade Register No. 13228410158, located at Corso Italia 1, I-20122 Milan.
- Candriam Luxembourg – Nederlands bijkantoor (The Netherlands): registered under Trade Register KVK 24364887, located at Gustav Mahlerplein 3 (26th floor) 1082 MS Amsterdam.
- Candriam Luxembourg – Sucursal en España (Spain): registered under Fiscal Identification Code W0181119I, located at Pº Castellana, 141 – Planta 18, 28046 Madrid.
- Candriam Luxembourg – Zweigniederlassung Deutschland (Germany): registered under Fiscal Identification Code HRB 78020, located at Fellnerstraße 5, D-60322 Frankfurt am Main.
- Candriam Luxembourg, – UK establishment (United Kingdom): registered under Fiscal Identification Code BR015843, located at 200 Aldersgate Street, 13th Floor, EC1A 4HD London.
- Candriam Luxembourg – Branch in the Dubai International Financial Centre(DIFC): registered under Fiscal Identification Numbers F001592 (DFSA) and CL1095 (DIFC) located at Dubai International Financial Center, Office 24, The Gate Village, Building 10, Level 3, Office 24, P.O. Box 506665, Dubai.
CANDRIAM owns and operates the Candriam site https:\\academy.candriam.com (the “Website”)
The editor responsible at law for this Website is Naïm Abou-Jaoudé (40, rue Washington, F-75008 Paris).
For any information related to the conditions under which Candriam may process your personal data and the exercise of your individual rights on your personal data please refer to data privacy section [Insert a link to data privacy section]
All content and materials available on this Website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Candriam and its affiliates retain all such rights to the content and materials. This means that, except as noted below, you may not: sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such materials or content or link to this Website without the prior express written permission of Candriam or the relevant owner of such rights. You may, however, print copies of the information or store the files on your own computer for personal use only.
CANDRIAM reserves all other rights. CANDRIAM’s commercial name, brand, logo or any other distinctive sign whatsoever [including “CANDRIAM Academy”] are registered trademarks which belong to Candriam Luxembourg.
Please Read This Disclaimer
The content, material, and links provided herein are provided by Candriam for educational purposes only and it does not constitute an offer to buy or sell financial instruments or services, nor does it represent an investment recommendation or confirm any kind of transaction. Candriam does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content, materials, links, and other items contained on this Website or any other site. Candriam makes no representation about the suitability of this documentation for any purpose. It is provided “as is” without express or implied warranty.
The contents of this Website cannot at any time substitute for readers’ own research or their technical and/or business judgment based on their personal situation. Neither the information nor the results supplied to visitors are intended to encourage the latter to undertake a particular transaction, or advise in favour of or against a particular transaction. Links to websites not controlled by Candriam are intended only as a service to the visitor and do not constitute advice, a form of advertising or a value judgment.
This Website does not constitute investment research as defined by Article 36, paragraph 1 of the Commission delegated regulation 2017/565. Candriam stresses that this information has not been prepared in compliance with the legal provisions promoting independent investment research.
Links and other references to third parties which are not companies linked or associated with Candriam should not be considered to be advertisements for such third parties.
When you visit this Website, Candriam will, in certain circumstances, automatically send cookies to your computer. These are small applications which are written on to your hard disk. They are quite harmless and intended to make the site easier for you to use. For instance, this is how your choice of language are recorded when you first visit the Website, so that thereafter you automatically access the Website in the language you selected at the time of your first visit. If you do not want these cookies written on to your hard disk, you can set your browser in such a manner that they do not gain access to your hard disk. However, in such cases, Candriam is not in a position to guarantee the correct operation of the Websites under its control. You can also delete the cookies from your hard disk after each visit to the Website.
Candriam will treat the information collected via these cookies in a fully confidential manner, in accordance with the applicable best practices and with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC on Privacy and Electronic Communications (as amended and implemented by EU member states).
Viruses, Trojan horses and other malware
Candriam guarantees that all the data it includes on its Website have been previously checked to ensure that they are free of all viruses and/or malicious software (e.g., malware, and Trojan horses). Candriam regularly inspects all items on the Website which can be downloaded by customers to their computer systems to ensure that they are free of the viruses and/or malicious software.
Despite the high degree of caution exercised by Candriam, the swiftness of change on the Internet and on Internet applications, as well as the development of related risks means that Candriam is unable to guarantee that all information is completely free of viruses at all times. In view of the risks of Internet use, Candriam strongly advises visitors to regularly scan all downloaded information, including that supplied by suppliers the visitor considers to be trustworthy.
In view of the risks of Internet use, Candriam strongly advises visitors to regularly scan all downloaded information, including that supplied by suppliers the visitor considers to be trustworthy.
Candriam shall not be held liable for any of the following, except in cases of malicious intent or gross negligence:
- any technical difficulty experienced by visitors to this Website, whatever the cause, including bugs, inadequate capacity, the visitors’ own hardware, software, browser, computer systems and their extensions, whatever their nature, and the software which enables them to access the Internet and this Website; the customization, installation, maintenance, processing and updating of the software, hardware, and computer systems and extensions concerned by this point shall remain the visitor’s sole responsibility; the consultation and/or use of the information on this Website;
- any damage attributable to events or third party manipulations over which it has no direct control, or force majeure, including damage relating to the use of links providing access to the present Website from other Website not under the control of Candriam, or to a Website which looks like the present Website, etc.
- any damage attributable to the exiting of the Website or incurred after the Website has been exited, even when the Website has been exited via a link on the Website;
- damage caused by errors, whatever their origin, which occur during the automated processing of the data entered by the visitor in the interactive applications, in so far as the interactive applications have not been developed by Candriam and this is clearly specified by means of a logo or other information;
- illegal access by a third party to, or illegal alteration by a third party of the visitor’s or Candriam’s computer systems, programming, programming code or software, as well as the ensuing direct or indirect damage;
- incomplete, inaccurate or obsolete data entered by the visitor when using the interactive applications; websites and website applications which are not managed by Candriam.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Visitors agree that, insofar as allowed by law, the services supplied on this Website as well as the publication thereof are performed under Belgian law. The courts of Brussels alone shall have jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising from the information on this Website, the following Website and Website pages, and their use by the reader. In such cases, only Belgian law shall apply.
Intellectual property rights
The contents of the present Website as well as the information supplied therein, programs, applications, trademarks and logos are protected by intellectual property rights belonging to Candriam or its suppliers. Readers/visitors to this Website shall comply with these intellectual property rights at all times and shall refrain from any infringement thereof and from any other use for which prior authorization has not been obtained from Candriam.
No links whatsoever may be created from any other Website to this Website and/or Website pages without the express written consent of Candriam.
This prohibition applies to all link types or techniques in which the name, address or any other element belonging to Candriam is included or displayed on another Website, or which enable surfers to enter the present Website via this other Website.
Protection of privacy
Candriam (referred to as “we” or “our”) is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals, including the visitors of this Webpage.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis on which Candriam processes personal data of the Website. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding how Candriam handle personal data.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law (in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), each Candriam entity referred to above is the “data controller” of your personal data.
Personal Data We collect
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Information you give us when you provide that information on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or other electronic means, or in writing. This includes information you provide when you create an account on the Website, subscribe to any of our services, search our site, make enquiries, , submit information or content to our site, when you report a problem with our site – including your name, email address, gender, postal address, telephone and fax.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site Candriam may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Candriam site (including date and time); products, services or issues you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us, percentage of achievements of educational programs available on the Website
Information we receive from other sources as we may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Information about other people: If you provide information to Candriam about any person other than yourself, such as other employees of your employer, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers, to use it.
Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal data in connection with the training platform offered by Candriam. By providing this information to us voluntarily, you consent to such processing.
We process your personal data when required by any applicable law to do so, such as if we receive a request from such applicable law enforcement or other government officials.
We processes your personal data when it is in its legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing We carry out on the basis of its legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details set out later in this Notice. We monitor use of Candriam websites, and use your personal data to help Candriam to monitor, improve and protect its services and websites, both online and offline.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Candriam may share your personal data with its subsidiaries and/ or affiliates. Candriam may also be requested by your employer to share information with it about your percentage of completion of the educational training program provided by Candriam Academy. Please note that you have the right to object to the sharing of such information by contracting directly your employer.
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- Legal or other advisers, consultants, and other professional experts, complainants, correspondents, and enquirers, and suppliers and service providers of any of the above, and each of their associated businesses;
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors only for the purposes of performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or your employer. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data, and are aware of their information security obligations; and
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Candriam may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, our business, or our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users, suppliers, or customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce agreements; or if Candriam reasonably consider this necessary; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Candriam, our users, our customers, or others; and
- For the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection.
We, or trusted third parties on our behalf, may contact you by email or post with further information about the contents of this Website. Where necessary, at the time that you provide your personal data to us, you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether or not you are happy for us to use your personal data to tell you about such products or services or events.
You can unsubscribe from this at any time by emailing us using the contact details provided below.
Where we Store Your Personal Data and How Candriam Protect it
Some of our subsidiaries and/ or affiliates and third parties to whom Candriam discloses your personal data (as described above) may be located in countries which are located in any country of the European Union but also countries outside EEA that do not provide a level of protection to personal data equivalent to that provided by your home country.
To provide adequate protection for these transfers, we utilize transfer mechanisms recognized by your home country, which may include executing appropriate contractual clauses based on and conforming to the EU model clauses. To obtain a copy of the transfer mechanism, please contact us using the details provided below.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Candriam will do its best to protect your personal data, Candriam cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. Please note that there are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. You are entitled to see the personal data held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Accuracy: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date. You can also review and correct/ update some of your personal data by contacting through : https://academy.candriam.com/contact/
Objecting: In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data. If you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Porting: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts.
Please note that there are exceptions to these rights, if, for example, we are under a legal obligation to continue to process your personal data.
As a reminder, in France by application of article 40-1 of the Law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties, you have also the right to give instructions on the management of your personal data after you death.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will attempt to make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you or your employer, or whether the supply of any personal data Candriam asks for is optional.
How Long Candriam Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as we believe it necessary or desirable to fulfill its business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
Personal data collected will be retained pursuant to our record retention policy, and in most instances will not be retained longer than ten (10) years from the date of last use.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to its Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, write to us at DPO@candriam.com.